At fifteen months, my favorite things are:
- when he takes my head in both hands and lays his cheek against mine
- when I say, "be gentle" and he takes his hand and strokes my face
- when I open a book and ask, "where's the doggie?" and he points to it on every page with his high pitched, "dee!"
- when I say his name, Jackson O'Hare, and he grabs his hair (no problem, kid, I can understand the confusion!)
- when he figures things out like how to put a lid on a jar
- when he "goes to work" and grabs Daddy's lunch bag, gives kisses, then walks towards the door while waving bye-bye
- putting something in his mouth if I tell him, "don't put that in your mouth"
- waking up at 4:30 every morning
- opening cabinets
- chasing the dogs
- running in the backyard, at the park, or on the beach
- watching baseball or golf
- the Red Sox
I really wish we had neighbors or family close by with kids similar in age. I think he's missing out a lot there. It's going to be very weird at first, not having him at home, but I'm really excited for him to start school in the fall.
I'm so glad that he's a happy, funny, energetic kid.